July 15, 2012

Day Five/Five: Safety Not Guaranteed (2012)

I loved this movie.


Three magazine employees set out to cover a story about a man who has advertised for someone to join him in time travel. [Yes, I seem to have found a time travel theme in the last couple of movies.] The film’s view is that those of us who would welcome time travel have regrets (often about love) that we would like to make right.


Leads Aubrey Plaza [Parks & Recreation], Mark Duplass, and Jake M. Johnson [New Girl] are wonderfully quirky and totally likeable. 


The script is funny and sometimes touching and made for a great experience. 


I felt totally satisfied at the end. It’s what I'd hoped yesterday’s film, Donnie Darko, would be and wasn’t. I wish I could take you to see this film. 


Safety Not Guaranteed (2012) ****



No comments:

Post a Comment